Owning a vehicle goes beyond just driving it off the lot and getting to where you need to go. A huge part of owning a vehicle is taking care of your car, inside and out. This is where your vehicle's routine maintenance comes in. Your vehicle is made up of over 30,000 parts, and these parts need to be maintained throughout the years in order to ensure proper operation. Good vehicle maintenance also helps you in the sense that it save you money on repairs over time.
Getting into the habit of routine car maintenance is something you won't regret. You'll thank yourself later as you easily avoid major issues such as engine rebuilds, transmission repair, and more.
Here at the top 5 most important routine car maintenance items:
- Understand your vehicle's owner's manual - the owner's manual has some vital information regarding the maintenance that your car requires and at what exact intervals. Use this as a tool to keep track of what your vehicle needs and when.
- Make sure that you never miss an oil and filter change. The engine oil is so important to your vehicle's operation, and running on dirty or low oil can lead to expensive engine damage.
- Be sure to check your vehicle's tires monthly for condition and inflation. Tires should always be properly inflated to ensure that they aren't wearing down excessively and to give you the best possible fuel efficiency. Plus, they need to have proper tread to create proper friction with the road.
- Keep note of when other important fluids need to be taken care of, such as the transmission and brake fluids. These fluids will also need to be replaced periodically and are significant to the health of their respective systems.
- Have your vehicle's belts & hoses inspected regularly and don't miss an interval for a timing belt replacement. The belts and hoses of your car are vital for operation and for circulating fluid, and an issue with a belt isn't always detectable just by looking at it.
The items listed above are just some of the top maintenance items that shouldn't be ignored when it comes to your vehicle. However, the owner's manual in your car will be your best reference for proper car care. If you find that you are due for vehicle maintenance, don't hesitate to give us a call here at Goose Automotive or stop by our shop today for friendly service!